Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Waiting Play List

My dad always says "it is what it is." This is only comforting if you know "what it is." Some of us are better at waiting than others. I'm not very good at it and as the waiting continues my psyche is deteriorating (see last post on being dramatic). Music is of comfort, as are ice cream bars, so with the help of several friends, I came up with a play list of sorts of songs about "waiting."

Enjoy or ruminate. Either way.  Thanks to Joe W., Marc W., Pat R., Jamie K. and Sean M. for your help compiling the list.

P.S. I feel guilty that I don't have any music by women or minorities. I guess for some reason these angsty white boys are clouding my mind. Don't they always?

P.P.S. If you have any additions (I cut out some bad 80s music from the list) place them in the comments section.

Hate it Here
Wilco




The Waiting
played by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and sung by Eddie Vedder!


I'm Waiting for The Man
Velvet Underground

Patience
 Guns N' Roses



Not Dark Yet
 Bob Dylan


Waiting
Green Day



This God Damn House
 The Low Anthem

With or Without You
 U2



Somewhere Only We Know
 Keane


Under My Thumb/ I am Waiting/ Paint it Black
Rolling Stones




Helplessness Blues
Fleet Foxes


I am the Walrus
The Beatles


Sitting, Waiting, Wishing
Jack Johnson (with Ben Harper)


Waiting for a Miracle
Jerry Garcia Band




Oh God Where Are You Now?
Sufjan Stevens


All of the trees of the Field will Clap Their Hands
Sufjan Stevens



Somebody to Shove
 Soul Asylum


Waiting for the Sun
The Doors


I'm the One Who Wants to Be With You
Mr. Big






Waiting for Somebody
Paul Westerberg


No comments: