Friday, August 27, 2010

An author offered to become a parrot and perch on my shoulder

His name is Etgar Keret. If you want to know about the parrot, read here. More importantly below I have a link to his short stories that are translated and online.





 http://www.laweekly.com/authors/etgar-keret/. You can buy his anthologies online translated into English. (Except for the most recent one, it's only in Hebrew). 

If you are still reading, something awesome happened besides the parrot thing. This year when I was teaching high schoolers about Israel on Sundays, I brought some of his short stories to class and we read them during one of our last sessions. None of the students had ever heard of them.

Last night I saw one of the students at the reading. She was first in line to buy a copy of his book and get it signed. I was so happy, but too shy to say hello to her. That kind of happiness lives in the fourth dimension that Keret talked about last night.

No comments: